Sunday, September 14, 2008

M's Turn

About a year ago, I read an article by Amy Sutherland, entitled, "What Shamu Taught Me About My Marriage" Well, it changed my life, and it changed J's life too. At one point she mentions how the trainee becomes the trainer... Well that just happened.

I frequently remind J that "We're a team" so we do lots of tasks (pleasant and unpleasant) together. After I reminded him about his blog, he reminded me that "we're a team" ... Guess, I'm doing the update this month.

In August we had the pleasure of attending the Finnigan Family reunion in Terra Cota, ON, Canada. It was a great, relaxing, rainy trip that got us out of the AZ heat. It was fantastic to get to spend time with J's family. I even got to meet some I hadn't met yet. They are all wonderful people and I am thrilled to be a part of their family. Here is a sampling of the pictures we took. Actually it is a large sampling because neither of us are very good at taking pictures.















We also started a garden. We've tried planting Thyme, Summer Squash, Winter Squash, Parsley, Lettuce, Cucumber, and yesterday we added Tomato, Red & Green Peppers. So far we still have the squash, cucumbers, and the tomatoes and peppers. Its been a great learning experience. Maybe we'll even get some vegetables. Here's a couple of pictures:




3 comments:

Shelly said...

Thanks for emailing me the link to your blog! I am jealous that you started a garden, I have been talking about it for months and now I'm afraid it is getting too late!
I am exited I will be able to peek in and see what you guys are up to now. Love ya, Shelly

Stu Finnigan said...

Wow - pictures! Neat garden - was this a kit or did you make it from scratch?

The Frying Finnigans said...

Nah this was all from scratch. We used the normal fence making cinder blocks and just make a really small fence and filled it with dirt :) cow crap, and some type of moss.