Sunday, September 28, 2008

Garden update



The summer squash are clearly the most aggressive plant. I find I have to move them over often to avoid them overshadowing the tomato plants. Its beginning to flower and there are small squash starting to show themselves.

The winter squash is the adaptive plant. It is starting to flower but its having to make its way in the world by squeezing to the right of the summer squash. Its making it though.

The cucumber is the most obedient plant. I was able to train it to grow outside of the planter. Its starting to flower.

The tomatos and bell pepper plants are my new transplants. We'll see how they do. So far they are hanging in there.

Overall, we're enjoying our first attemt at gardening. Maybe we'll keep working ont it.

2 comments:

Stu Finnigan said...

Looks like quite a lot for such a small plot - given that it is elevated, perhaps some of the veggies will flourish outside the main walls.

Jen B said...

Wow that looks so good! What a great new project! I haven't gotten to ripping out the dead summer garden and puttin in the winter one yet! We didn't have toO much success - I forget to water!