Monday, February 2, 2009

A Laundry List

Two weekends ago, J and I spent a few hours going around our house making a list of all the things we'd like to do. I know it sounds like something I forced him to do, but I don't even think it was my idea. Regardless, I did enjoy it. We came out with an Excel spreadsheet two pages long where we prioritized and ranked the list. (That was the part J enjoyed!)

This weekend we started tackling the list. The first project was inspired by my sister. She has a small shelf right above her washer and dryer. After a trip to Home Depot and about $12, we have one too.

Now I can see all the cleaning agents without having to move things around and stand on my tippy toes.

Next up, was a tennis ball on a string to keep me from parking too close to the garage door. With two pages, it may be a couple to several years before the whole list is complete, but hey, its a start!

3 comments:

Stu Finnigan said...

I find the list stays two pages long - items are added as items are crossed off... :D

Jen B said...

Somehow your shelf looks more organized than mine! But I do love having everything within reach!- Keep up on the projects! Date night @ home depot isn't so bad!

ZB said...

Oh I love doing stuff like that. Getting everything organized and right where it's supposed to be. Sadly, it doesn't stay like that forever.