Sunday, November 23, 2008

Wii BBQ

We have set a Frying Finnigan family record this month. Two BBQ's! M had gotten a good deal on ribs a while ago and so on the 7th we had the Millers and the Faulks over for BBQ ribs. J scoured craigslist until he found a great deal on a Wii. He wanted to make sure the kids had something to do. We cooked and cleaned a large part of Saturday... and then Sunday, just as the guests were arriving.... M was opening the sliding glass door holding a pyrex pan loaded with ribs and... SMASH! The ribs and the glass came crashing down on the patio.

Luckily there were still hamburgers, hot dogs, macaroni and cheese, a potato dish, chili, cherry pie, chips, Smarties candies, and ice cream. I don't think anybody went hungry and everybody seemed to have a good time. Even without the ribs.

We thought about selling the Wii on craigslist but as we procrastinated we decided instead to get at least one more use out of it. Another BBQ. This time we invited a couple of families from church and some of J's coworkers. We didn't even attempt the ribs! A good time was still had by all and the Wii is a welcomed babysitter.

1 comment:

Magic Mama said...

Fun Blog Marla---We love BBQ's too! I'm so glad you have a blog I can read--- Whenever I actually do. :)