Monday, September 6, 2010

M's Recycled Wedding Crafts

Something many people don't know about us... we have a room full of wedding gowns. M tries to liquidate them for her good friend, but some of those gowns have stains that make them unuseable as a wedding gown. For months M has been saying, "They are so pretty it is a shame to waste them." So she finally quit talking and started tearing one apart.

Here is what the dress looked like before:











































Here are all the fun things we were able to make from it:



Flower Girl, Baptism, or confirmation dress



















Ring Bear pillow, with a special pocket... it could become a tooth fairy pillow












Clutch or purse












Up next: We'll try and make a guest book from the main bodice piece and then maybe a slip from the inside crinoline. Who knew a wedding dress could become so many things? At least something so beautiful didn't have to go completely to waist!

5 comments:

Jennie Ellison said...

so are you going to make a baptism dress for kadyn :)?

Sotto Voce said...

This is AWESOME! Love your work M!

Mary said...

These things look great! Good job, we had talked about it months ago and how neat to see it work out so well!

Donita Porter said...

Beautiful. It was good to see you the other day.

Elisa said...

I wish I lived near you, I would see what magic you could create out of my wedding dress. I have already started to think about Miriam's baptism attire.

I had no idea you were such a talented seamstress. That is a skill and a talent I dearly want (and keep saying I will develop someday...but turns out I am not very motivated...sad).

You need to post more. How are we suppose to keep in touch?